As a Software Engineer on the Order Management team, you will be responsible for building the systems and processes to optimize and maintain the Order Management of NordstromRack.com & HauteLook. This team maintains the order lifecycle for millions of transactions. The order management team supports a number of processes including the payment processing and management, customer management, and checkout processing.
The team uses several different technologies. Backend services are built in PHP, Scala/Java. Any user facing tools are built in Node/React. This role has an opportunity to make a big impact on the future state and architecture of the platform and can really help form the strategic technical vision.
- Architecting and authoring high-quality tested systems on a regular cadence which meets specifications.
- We use continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Writing unit, integration, behavioral and performance tests.
- Partner with QA and Product to build systems that are pragmatically tested, maintainable and secure.
- Embracing changing specifications to solve business problems.
- Finding new ways to solve technical and business problems.
- Working collaboratively with other team members to teach and learn from them.
- 3+ years software development experience with PHP, Scala, or Java.
- Interest in learning Scala and functional typed programming.
- 3+ years of API development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field is preferred not required.