Discover It Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
As an SRE you will work alongside infrastructure and software engineers to improve the design and operation of systems to make them more scalable, more reliable and more efficient. You are responsible for the operation of the services and systems that are critical to our customers and the business. You will be expected to apply engineering principles in design and writing of software for the additional pieces our services and systems require. SRE’s are integrated within the software development teams at Nordstrom Rack | Hautelook. You will also collaborate with the Platform and Infrastructure teams to ensure applications are working across all levels and boundaries of the system.
This role provides a major opportunity to contribute to the direction and progress of this company as part of an e-commerce system that measures annual sales in the billions. For this reason, an engineer will find new challenges in working at such scale that gives the work a whole new dimension.
- Participate in and improve the whole life-cycle of services and systems – from ideation, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes across all environments: test, staging, production
- Ensure all services are measured, monitored, logging and raise alerts when needed.
- Develop reliability tools, application dashboards and frameworks for use by all engineers
- Share on-call duties for all services and lead incident reports and no-blame postmortem analysis and review
- Analyze and recommend efficiencies in system and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis
- Write, maintain and improve runbooks at every level of the application life-cycle.
- Extensive programming experience in Java, Python, or Scala.
- Experience with configuring and scaling SOLR a plus.
- Deep system knowledge of the Linux ecosystem.
- Advanced scripting knowledge with bash or python.
- Strong working knowledge with cloud computing, specifically AWS, virtualization and containers using Docker.
- At least three years experience working on a website or app with at least 1 million active users.E-commerce experience is a plus.
- An understanding of the challenges involved in running large-scale websites and apps.
- Git and Github experience a plus.
- Working knowledge with configuration management, such as Puppet or Chef.
- Working knowledge with monitoring software, such as Nagios, Datadog or CloudWatch.
- Working Knowledge with CI concepts and tools, such Jenkins, Travis-CI or CircleCI.
- Knowledge of tuning networks and applications (JVM tuning) a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.