The Web team supports two major properties: Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook. The team is focused on adding new features, simplifying existing features, and consistently improving browser performance.
HauteLook has been involved with Node + React development for the past 2+ years and is a major sponsor of open-source projects like React Hot Loader and Redux.
- Design, Develop, and Deliver significant new functionality for the HauteLook and Nordstromrack.com websites.
- Use React.js to build a very fast and engaging browser experience.
- Collaborate with Product Management to release new features that resonate with our customers.
- Partner with Search and Services teams to design and consume hypermedia JSON responses.
- 3+ years professional development experience using React.
- Very comfortable with Node.js and modern web development tooling such as webpack, Gulp, Broccoli and Grunt.
- Has successfully built and released a core business application and has learned from failures along the way.
- Can design pragmatic software solutions that meet deadlines without making the code a mess.
- Proficient CSS skills. Preferably with experience using SASS, LESS or PostCSS. We do not expect creative design skills, but you have to be able to build a webpage from a comp.
- Groks HTTP, including REST, caching and other semantics.