Discover it Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. We work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
We are seeking a passionate, service-oriented, and highly technical individual to be our new Sr. Network Engineer for our Infrastructure Engineering team. The team is responsible for the infrastructure technologies for our offices in Los Angeles, Culver City, San Bernardino and New York. In this role you will be leading, supporting and contributing to day to day activities as well as contributing and implementing the project roadmaps. You will be part of the Network Engineering Infrastructure team and will partner with other teams to establish strategies, remove obstacles, and achieve a path to operational excellence for all of our end user and site needs. Along with proven senior network abilities, you will be part of an upcoming DevOps model focusing on delivering infrastructure network components, firewall designs and configurations, writing the core Chef code that automatically configures each designed SDN component, making sure that all domain critical components are monitored correctly and orchestrating services to talk to each other.
The ideal candidate for this job will most likely have three main areas of focus: 1) Palo Alto and security expertise, 2) Network administration of both the LAN and WAN technologies, and 3) Understanding the importance of developing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) with automation.
A day in the life…
- Implementing, supporting, and securing our Palo Alto firewalls.
- Designing and implementing security zones and segmentation for our locations, our site, and our cloud environments.
- Implement and maintain a our DMZ.
- Training our team and partnered teams on security principles and policies.
- Being the main point of contact for SOX, PCI, and Security auditors.
- Document, diagram, and communicate the structure of our network and decisions to be made.
- Configure a diverse base of networking technologies, including Cisco, Juniper, F5s, Arista, Wireless, and VPN.
- Ensure security of the network from both external attacks and internal misuse, while balancing the need to support an efficient and agile team
- Work with other members of the infrastructure team, the data services team, the development teams, and other groups to build full stack solutions
- Maintain existing infrastructure while working to continually improve it
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation with other technical staff
You own this if you have…
- 8+ years of hands on experience in network engineering, architecting, and security
- Ability to work well with others, have high energy, positive attitude and solution focused
- Strong communication skills. Ability to talk through and explain solutions to other teams including management, Documenting/Diagramming the current environment, and logging work
- Experience working in and supporting a large-scale ecommerce site
- Cisco networking with Certifications (CCNP, CCIE). Experience in Nexus and Catalyst
- Security training or certification
- SOX, PCI, or security compliance experience
- Palo Alto firewall certification or expert level experience in all aspects
- Extensive LAN/WAN design and implementation
- Protocols including BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IGMP, MPBGP, MPLS, and BGP/MPLS
- Wireless – Aruba, Extreme Networks (formerly Zebra, formerly Motorola), Cisco ISE. Experience with wireless in a warehouse environment
- F5 load balancers
- IPSec connections for WAN redundancy, Multi-office connectivity, Vendor connections
- DNS DHCP expertise
- UCS Chassis, blade servers, and fabric interconnects, Vmware, Linux, Windows
- We do not have a NOC so experience setting up monitoring and trending software like Nagios, cacti, Observium, Cisco Prime, or others is needed
- Storage network experience (NetApp)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3), GCP, Azure