Data Services is a nimble team of engineers, sitting at the
hub of technology and the business. Using the latest open-source tech, we supply
the company with the information, tools, and training to make smarter use of our
vast datasets. We’re looking for a Data Engineer with the software chops to build
not only the pipelines to move data between systems, but also the next
generation of tools to enable us to take full advantage of that data. In this
role, your work will broadly influence the company's data consumers, from
analysts to top executives.
- Partner directly with business stakeholders from beginning to end of their data projects – understand the context and goals, find and collect the data needed to meet those goals, and help them visualize it and tell the story.
- Design, develop, test and support the data warehouse, dashboards, data pipelines, and reporting tools.
- Help to build and maintain a clean, easy-to-understand codebase.
- Document data findings, methodologies, and runbooks internal wikis.
- Provide occasional on-call production support after hours.
- 5+ years development experience, ideally in Python and/or Scala
- Strong SQL skills and all-around data know-how
- Experience using AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure for data applications (EC2, S3, Redshift, Data Pipeline, BigQuery, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and team skills
- Massively parallel data processing, e.g. using Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Machine learning
- Continuous integration / deployment tools (CircleCI, TravisCI, Jenkins)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible)
- BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy)
- Statistical programming (e.g. R, SAS)
- Experience in an e-commerce environment