Discover It Here
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. We work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
We are seeking a passionate, service-oriented, highly technical and proven Infrastructure Engineer II for our IT Service Operations team. The team is responsible for the technology infrastructure access for our Los Angeles, Culver City, San Bernardino and New York offices. In this role you will be leading, supporting and contributing to day to day activities as well as contributing and implementing the project roadmaps. You will be part of the Engineering Infrastructure team and will partner with other teams to establish strategies, remove obstacles and achieve a path to operational excellence for all of our end user support experience. Along with proven system administrator abilities, you will be part of an upcoming DevOps model focusing on delivering infrastructure components provisioning virtual machines (VMWare Windows), writing the core Chef code that automatically configures each virtual machine, making sure that all domain critical components are monitored correctly and orchestrating services to talk to each other.
The ideal candidate for this job probably has two philosophies in mind: 1) Focus on the underlying administering and developing Infrastructure Hardware technologies and roadmaps and 2) Understanding the importance of developing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
A day in the life…
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, security and support of all systems and tools; Windows, Linux, VMware, UCS, NetApp, Linux SFTP, Backups, Scripting, Email, F5s
- Implement and support new disaster recovery solution
- Implement, monitor, and report on all SOX and PCI standards that apply and enforce server security policies
- Implement automation and scripting solutions Chef, Puppet, PowerShell, Python…
- Daily work with other department’s requests and escalated service desk issues.
- Coordinate to build servers for multi-tier complex applications environments
- Support of Hybrid On-Prem and cloud environments (AWS and Azure)
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation with other technical staff.
You own this if you have…
- At least 5 years of server administration experience within an enterprise environment
- At least 3 years of experience with Cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Ability to work well with others, positive attitude and solution focused.
- Strong communication skills Talking through and explaining solutions to other teams including management, Documenting/Diagramming the current environment, and logging work.
- Experience working in and supporting a large-scale ecommerce site
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages
- Experience with server build automation, administration, monitoring, backups
- Disaster recovery administration experience
- Demonstrated skills in DNS, DHCP, File Shares, email systems, print servers, FTP, NFS, Vsphere, UCS, Windows, Linux, Load Balancing, Docker, Kubernetes, containers
- SOX, PCI, or security compliance experience
- Windows Server Administration (FSMO/DNS/DHCP/IIS/ADFS)
- Knowledge of Core Components of Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Exchange 2016 and Office 365 hybrid management
- Solid security design via Group Policy
- MCSE certification highly desired
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as CHEF, Github, Virtual machine provisioning, etc..
- Familiarity with NetApp Storage
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent practical experience